Monday, February 25, 2008
During the alpha testing (and now beta) period of Zoundry Raven, you may come across a defect that may not be easy for us to figure out with visual symptoms alone. This is where logging becomes very useful, especially debug logs, and we may occasionally ask you to enable the debug logging, reproduce the defect, and mail us a zipped copy of the log files.
The typical steps are:
- Exit: If the application is already running, then save your work and exit the application.
- Clean the old logs: Go to the directory where the log files are located and delete (or move to an different location) old log files. The log files are located in the path_to_your_profile/logs directory. For example:
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\ZoundryRavenProfile\logs.
- Start the application.
- Enable Debug Logging: From the application Tools top menu, choose Preferences. Then under the General/Logging section, check enable the "Enable Debugging Messages" check box.
- Reproduce the error: Repeat the steps that caused the original problem.
- Exit the application.
- Zip up the logs files (all files in the logs/ directory) and mail them to support at zoundry dot com.